BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

November 22, 2009

Herringbone Scarf

Over the weekend, I was able to finish the first of four (so far) Christmas projects. Since this one has already been given, in time for what might be an interesting winter, I can post about it freely. It's following the Herringbone Scarf pattern. The pattern is fairly easy, once you get the hang of it and consistently remember to slip off stitches (I forgot a couple early on, as my fingers were getting used to the motion). I cast on 35 stitches, and ended up increasing by 2 to 37. Although it doesn't show up, the pattern is on a slight angle - the rows don't go straight across.

The yarn is Lion Brand Homespun, in the Waterfall colorway. While the yarn is soft, and I love the color variation, I found it literally a pain to work with. There's no give, and it has a tendency to split and is surprisingly squeaky on the needles (I have my grandma's Boye Needlemaster kit, and tend to use those or other metal needles). Thankfully, with size 13 needles, this was a fairly quick knit, and my mom was thrilled to get the scarf.

Now it's on to knit the last bit of project number two and find some good buttons to finish it off.

*Portia has figured out how to open the storage closet, so Frankenmouse's days are numbered.

No comments:

Post a Comment