BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

January 03, 2010

New year, new beginnings

Happy (belated) New Year!

I'm a bit behind in posting about projects - there were two things finished just in time for Christmas, and two more belated Christmas projects that I'm just finishing up now.

But for now, I'm mostly absorbing the difference that this new year brings in comparison to last year. Last year, it was all I could do to make it to January 1, 2009. So many things happened in 2008, both good and bad, that it came down to a question of survival. Each day it was picking out the balance, trying to find meaning in certain things to help me move forward and move on. There were brilliant flashes of light (welcoming a brand new niece and nephew, twins), and heartbreaking losses (the passing away of my grandmother and surrogate grandmother). There was getting over a break-in and theft at my apartment. But also delight in seeing my best friend and two other very close friends married - but then saying goodbye as they all moved away. It was a constant emotional up and down. Getting to the new year was a breath of fresh air and I resolved to try to have less stress and to keep trying to see the balance in everything.

Keeping that optimism wasn't always easy, but the year was so much smoother and better that I still can't believe it's already gone. 2009 was a year of getting to know good friends better, seeing more wonderful people get married and start new lives together and others begin to plan weddings. It was a year of intense crafting and learning about what all I could do with a set of knitting needles and unsuspecting yarn. I found some zen in knitting, peace in my new apartment, and happiness with where I am at in my life right now. I can only hope that 2010 continues that journey.

Coming tomorrow - the early demise of the Christmas tree, and the last projects of 2009 . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment